|Do you want to improve the aesthetics of your bathroom? Before you disrupt your household with the hassle of a remodel, make sure you’re prepared. Familiarize yourself with this cost and ROI overview to help guide the planning process.
What Does This Type of Remodel Cost?
Homeowners who make bathroom updates usually hope to recover at least a portion of their investment. An upscale bathroom remodel is among the projects that see the largest percentages of value increase year over year. But a high-end revamp can cost tens of thousands. If you’re working with a more modest budget, going with simple changes like updates to light fixtures, sinks, toilets and the like can refresh your space for significantly less.
What Should You Change?
Once you’ve tackled any necessary replacements, make investment-savvy design selections that add value for you and your family. Trade out the garden tub for an expansive shower, add granite countertops or upgrade the vanity, ventilation or lighting. Finding what most benefits your family can lead to greater satisfaction years after the project’s completion.
With budgeting sense and some design know-how, you’ll have the confidence you need to initiate a successful bathroom remodel.
|Do you have a list of changes you’d like to make to your home this year? Completing cosmetic updates is easiest when the weather’s in your favor. In honor of May’s National Home Improvement Month, here are four upgrades ranging from curb appeal projects to large-scale expansions that often yield high returns.
Home renovations and repairs are on the rise and expected to peak this year. Now’s the time to start planning your investment-savvy home improvements.
Whether you’re a prospective seller or a longtime homeowner, revamping your space may be on you to-do list. Before you begin, preview these design trends and learn how to make them your own.
Quick Decorating Touches
- Add the latest color. From deep emerald to the lime hue of Greenery (the Pantone Color of the Year), verdant shades are instant hits. To incorporate the trend, sprinkle in a few eye-catching accessories or splurge on a plush, room-filling rug.
- Bring in bronze and brass. These of-the-moment metallics look luxurious, but they have economical price tags and complement a variety of colors and styles. Spruce up your kitchen cabinets with brass handles or use bronze light fixtures to warm a room.
- Toy with texture. Whether you’re drawn to fabric wallpaper, a decorative wall hanging or a collection of well-placed throw pillows, texture is an easy way to make a space more inviting. And don’t shy away from mixed materials like leather and wool.
- Enrich your entryway. You have only one chance to make a first impression. Fro a small investment, you can transform your home’s entrance with an artisan-crafted credenza or an oversized mirror that amplifies the natural light.
- Update your countertops. Laminate options fashioned from recycled granite are easy on the wallet and the environment. Want to go all out? Lighter shades in quartz, marble and wood are popular upgrades in today’s kitchens.
- Establish a shedquarters. Whether you work from home, want a relaxing retreat or host houseguest regularly, a separate on-site structure aptly dubbed “shedquarters” may be a worthy addition.
From a quick, low-budget change to a well-planned build-out, homeowners have several options when it comes to implementing the latest home design trends. Be in touch for any questions or more resources.